“The calm and balanced mind is the strong and great mind; the hurried and agitated mind is the weak one.” – Wallace D. Wattles
The Equilibrium mentorship program helps high-capacity leaders cultivate a mentorship experience focused on leadership and strength. Equilibrium is a 6-month voyage and equips a small team of mentors (2-4 men) with the resources and tools needed to guide younger men out of the day-to-day trenches of hurry and agitation and into reflection, discussion, intentional planning and accountability.
A man passionate about mentoring younger men is the catalyst to the Equilibrium voyage. This high-impact leader is willing to invest his time, talent and treasure into men and can rally other men to join his cause. He invites a small team of his closest, like-minded friends to join his mentoring team. Each mentor on the team is required to invite 1-2 protégés to a two-day/two-night retreat. The Equilibrium voyage continues with six months of focused mentorship. The six-month Equilibrium voyage is made easy for mentors, as they are equipped with the resources and tools needed to lead one-on-one coaching, group coaching, accountability and brotherhood.
With Equilibrium, each protégé leaves the retreat weekend with an individual plan for living a life of balance in the 5F’s – faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. After the retreat, each mentor is required to meet individually with his protégé(s) one time per month for 6 months. A team meeting with the other mentors and protégés is also required one time each month.
Strong, effective and seasoned leaders embrace the responsibilities of faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. However, many of us once grew tired, weary and burdened as we carried the weight of these responsibilities in our earlier years. Today’s modern man is no different, which is why Men of Iron is raising up a generation of mentors who are sharing their life experience and leading Equilibrium groups all across the country.
Equilibrium presents an opportunity to business owners, executives and community leaders to link arms with their closest friends and to change a culture of men together through mentorships focused on a man’s balance in his faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. Each mentor needs to be willing to make the following commitments:
- Lead mentor – Host and lead a retreat weekend
- Lead mentor – Host and lead 1 team meeting per month for 6 months
- All mentors – Attend 1 one-on-one meeting per month with a protégé for 6 months
- All mentors – Attend 1 team meeting per month with other mentors and proteges for 6 months
- All mentors – Be motivated to encourage, challenge and give your best
- All mentors – Get out of your comfort zone by sharing your life and experiences with other men
You are needed. You are wanted. You are called.
2018 Equilibrium Training Retreats:
- Date: Thursday, February 1st – Saturday, February 3rd
- Location – Zillig River House – Old Town, FL
- Description – A five-acre Suwannee River house, located 45 minutes outside of Gainesville
- Date – Friday, May 18th – Sunday, May 20th
- Location – Blue Moon Estates – Huntingdon, PA
- Description – a breathtaking 4,000 square foot house in the middle of the mountains of South Central Pennsylvania. Located 20 minutes outside of State College, PA.
- Date – Friday, July 27th – Sunday, July 29th
- Location – Caple Lake House – Scottsboro, AL
- Description – A beautiful lake house located outside of Huntsville, AL.
Ocean City, New Jersey
- Date – Friday, September 14th – Sunday, September 16th
- Location – Ocean City, NJ
- Description – A quiet and relaxing beach house overlooking the boardwalk and water of Ocean City, NJ.