“The calm and balanced mind is the strong and great mind; the hurried and agitated mind is the weak one.” – Wallace D. Wattles
The Equilibrium mentorship program helps high-capacity leaders cultivate a mentorship experience focused on leadership and strength. Equilibrium is a 6-month voyage and equips 1-3 mentors with the resources and tools needed to guide younger men out of the day-to-day trenches of hurry and agitation and into reflection, discussion, intentional planning and accountability.
The voyage begins with each mentor inviting 1-2 protégés to a two-day/two-night retreat and continues with six months of mentorship. The Equilibrium resources and tools prepare the mentors to lead one-on-one coaching, accountability and brotherhood. Each mentor leaves the retreat weekend with a protégé who has developed an individual plan for living a life of balance in the 5F’s – faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. After the retreat, mentors meet a protégé 2 times per month for 6 months. One meeting is a focused, one-on-one mentorship, while the other is a group setting with the other Equilibrium mentors and protégés.
Strong, effective and seasoned leaders embrace the responsibilities of faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. However, many of us once grew tired, weary and burdened as we carried the weight of these responsibilities in our earlier years. Today’s modern man is no different, which is why Men of Iron is raising up a generation of mentors who are sharing their life experience and leading Equilibrium groups all across the country.
Equilibrium presents seasoned mentors with an opportunity to link arms with like-minded men and to start being intentional with a group of younger protégés. Each mentor needs to be willing to make the following commitments:
- Host and lead a retreat weekend
- Host and lead 1 group meeting per month for 6 months
- Attend 1 one-on-one meeting per month with a protégé for 6 months
- Be motivated to encourage, challenge and give your best
- Get out of your comfort zone by sharing your life and experiences with other men
You are needed. You are wanted. You are called.
2018 Equilibrium Training Retreats:
- Date: Thursday, February 1st – Saturday, February 3rd
- Location – Zillig River House – Old Town, FL
- Description – A five-acre Suwannee River house, located 45 minutes outside of Gainesville
South Central Pennsylvania
- Date – Friday, May 18th – Sunday, May 20th
- Location – Blue Moon Estates – Huntingdon, PA
- Description – a breathtaking 4,000 square foot house in the middle of the mountains of South Central Pennsylvania. Located 20 minutes outside of State College, PA.
- Date – Friday, July 27th – Sunday, July 29th
- Location – Caple Lake House – Huntsville, AL
- Description – A beautiful lake house located outside of Huntsville, AL.
Ocean City, New Jersey
- Date – Friday, September 14th – Sunday, September 16th
- Location – Ocean City, NJ
- Description – A quiet and relaxing beach house overlooking the boardwalk and water of Ocean City, NJ.