EP. 61 - Legacy Building Feat. Blake Brewer
“When a father speaks life into his child, amazing things happen.“
On EP. 61, Chad talks with featured guest, Blake Brewer. Blake is on a mission to help ONE MILLION dads write at least one well-written, meaningful, lasting Legacy Letter to their children. Blake lost his dad Larry, when he was 19 years old, in a swimming accident in Hawaii. His dad had just finished writing a “legacy letter” to his kids right before his death. Blake’s mom presented the letter to him a few hours after his dad’s death. His dad had planned to give him the letter on their trip to Hawaii
As CEO and founder of TheEndurance.org and the LegacyLetterChallenge.com, Blake’s mission is to empower fathers to connect with their children, lead their families, and run their God-given race with endurance.
Blake has 3 children, all under age 5. He absolutely loves being a father. As he leads his family and his children, he draws from many mentors, but none more important than his late father Larry.
“This process helped me organize my thoughts and feelings towards my children in a way I’ve never done before. Now my children have this letter they will cherish for the rest of their lives and it’s helped me become a better father.” – Legacy Letter Challenge Participant
Takeaways from the Podcast
- Our culture is becoming more self-centered. A hundred years ago, a thousand years ago, it was all about your family and how you were going to provide for your family.
- To build a solid family vision we need to look at what a good biblical vision for family is. Lean into your friends, other married men, and then draw your vision from that.
- Blake lost his dad Larry when he was 19 years old in a swimming accident in Hawaii.
- His dad had just finished a “legacy letter” to his kids right before his death. Blake’s mom presented the letter to him a few hours after his dad’s death. His dad had planned to give him the letter on their trip to Hawaii.
- “Here on earth you might be in the minority for your faith, but here in heaven you will be in the majority.” Larry Brewer in his legacy letter to Blake.
- I began to have this attitude of gratitude towards God that I had a good dad for as long as I did.
- “When you have a father in your life that is connected to God, you are more likely to have a relationship with God.”
- “When a father speaks life into his child, amazing things happen.”
- “God’s calling us to step up and initiate with our children.”
Chad is the Founder of A New Kind of Man, helping men become the best version of themselves. He is a husband to Marla of 27 years, a dad to Austin and Gracie. Chad is a Navy Veteran, an avid outdoorsman, a pastor, and a resident of Dublin, Georgia. Chad is joining the team as the new host of the Men of Iron Podcast. As well as being charged to create engaging and relevant content for a weekly email series, blogs, and much more! Welcome to the team Chad!
SPONSOR AN EPISODE
“Advertising on the Men of Iron Podcast has opened up the opportunity for me to connect with fellow followers of Christ so I can help them with their real estate needs. To financially help an organization that wants to grow more Godly men is priceless. This is why I advertise on and will continue to advertise on the Men of Iron Podcast.” Andrew L. Welk – Realtor with BHHS Homesale Realty.