The Men of Iron Minute
by Chad Zueck | Director of Content Creation
Life Has No Cheat Codes
I grew up playing old-school video games. Pitfall, Defender, and Air-Sea Battle were my jams on the original Atari 2600! They helped the blustery Illinois winter days go a lot faster. You can peg your generation by the video games you played as a kid. My gaming knowledge is unimpressive, but I understand games have cheat codes. Video games have these little secrets. The knightly players knew about these codes, and they could wield their power over lowly peasants. In the pre-internet era, one had to be more sleuth with their wizardry knowledge. Like a child looking for the “money” eggs at Easter, a gamer is looking for that mysterious edge over their peers. Perhaps the most famous cheat code is the Konami Code. Installed in many games, the Konami Code unlocked all unforetold bonuses at once. Now that’s a cheat code! Sadly, life has no cheat code. Your decisions and commitments make up your life.
Stop making excuses and start making decisions to implement some changes.
- Live a simpler lifestyle
- Carry fewer attachments
- Commit to generosity
- Save for those rainy days
- Buy used when you can
- Eat dinners around the table
- Date your wife
- Say yes to game nights
- Go to church (and be present)
- Get a mentor
- Plan to go to church on Saturday
- Download the “Daily Office” app (and use it)
- Go for a prayer walk
- Stop judging your walk by another’s failures
- Read the Bible (and do what it says)
- Get up in time for time with God
- Drink 120 fluid ounces daily
- Exercise regularly
- Hire a trainer
- Attend a Spin class
- Download a fitness app (and follow a plan)
- Closely watch your alcohol intake
- Throw out high carb junk foods
Decide. Commit. Act.
Big success comes from keeping small commitments.
Be a mentor.
Become a mentor.
Be a new man.
Contact our team today to find out how you can become a mentor, find a mentor and be a better man! And DO NOT forget to check out The Men of Iron Podcast – Establishing Guardrails Feat. Garret Barbush (EP. 98)