Reliable Men Feat. Garret Barbush| EP. 107
“Mentorship is all about moving a man forward.” // Garret Barbush
On EP. 107 we break down 2 Timothy 2:2 as Paul instructs Timothy to entrust the things he has heard to reliable men. Who are the reliable men in your life and what are you entrusting to them? It’s time to stop making excuses as to why you aren’t mentoring another man. Find the reliable men in your life, teach them, train them, move them forward and entrust them to do the same for someone else.
“And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.” // 2 Timothy 2:2 (NIV)
You are invited to celebrate God’s transforming work across 15 years of impact in the lives of men pursuing Him and their purpose. Join us on April 19, 2022 for the Iron Sharpens Iron Dinner in Lancaster, Pennsylvania featuring keynote speaker Tony Dungy! Go to menofiron.org/dungy to get your tickets today!
- The excuse of “I want to mentor, but I don’t know how to mentor” is a poor excuse
- If you pray about mentoring another man, God will give you that guy
- We are inundated daily with men looking for a mentor
- Don’t let location, time or fear hold you back from mentoring another man
- God’s Word gives us insight on who YOU should mentor
- “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.” // 2 Timothy 2:2 (NIV)
- Paul is saying to Timothy, listen the things that you have heard me say you need to entrust it to reliable men. Because it’s the reliable men who will also be qualified to teach it to others
- Teaching others, this is multiplication!
- Who are the “reliable men” in your life?
- Mentorship allows us as mentors to say, look I don’t have this figured all out but I look forward to growing together
- Mentorship is all about moving a man forward
- What should I do with the reliable man in my life?
- We should teach them the Gospel
- We have to train them – getting a man to do something that he wouldn’t do on his own
- We multiply, we charge them to now go on and teach others
- Reliable men will respond to a man who steps into his life and says I want to teach you
- If this was a priority in all of our lives, the world would look so much different
- Today’s challenge: find a reliable man, teach him, train him, move him forward and entrust him to do the same for someone else.