5 Things You Need to Know if You Want Your Mentor to Last | EP. 86
“Link arms with a brother in Christ and embrace the mentorship journey.”
On EP. 86 of the Men of Iron Podcast Chad talks about “5 Things You Need to Know if You Want Your Mentor to Last.” Do you feel out of balance? Do you have accountability in your life? As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Who is sharpening you? Men, it’s time to link arms with a brother in Christ and embrace the mentorship journey.
“Mentorship is a level of accountability.” // Chad Zueck
Find out more about the Strong27™ mentorship experience and how you can become a mentor or protege.
5 Things You Need to Know if You Want Your Mentor to Last
#1 – Choose Wisely
- A mentor is an individual who has been where you have been.
- A mentor is someone who is where you want to be.
- You not looking for Jesus as a mentor, so he won’t be perfect.
- They’ve become the type of man you want to become.
- #2 – Don’t Be Passive
- Mentorship is a relationship, not a task
- Mentorship is a mutual investment
- Mentorship is not a passive process
- #3 – Mentorship is a relationship you build over time
- Mentors won’t argue with you to help you, so be quick to listen and slow to speak (James 1:19)
- #4 – Be Accountable
- As Jim and I talked he referred to his sponsors and how they saved his life through the years
- #5 – Mentorship is a relationship that equips you to go farther