The Houdini Effect | EP. 87
“God uses painful situations to unveil the qualities we need to glorify Him.” // Chad Zueck
On EP. 87 of the Men of Iron Podcast Chad talks about “The Houdini Effect” and breaks down six essential principles to help you endure hard times or difficult people. We are not immune to painful situations and we need practical ways to endure those types of situations if we are going to become the men God created us to be.
“Eventually you have to confront what is right in front of you.” // Chad Zueck
Find out more about the Strong27™ mentorship experience and how you can become a mentor or protege.
Common forms of Avoidance/Escapism are:
- The Past
- Social Media
- Video Games
- Working Out
- Anything that we deem pleasurable can be a weapon of avoidance or espacism
- We all need a break from time to time, but not at the expense of showing up like a man when life hits hard
- God uses painful situations, hurtful circumstances, and difficult people to unveil the qualities we need to glorify him.
How can we live and become a man after God’s own heart? What do you do when things get hard, unpredictable it even painful?
Six Essentials to Endure Hard Times or Difficult People
- First, we must come to terms with how we currently deal with hardship and pain. Avoidance is escapism.
- Second, consider that God’s wisdom is always greater than our understanding.
- Third, endure hardship as discipline.
- Fourth, be strong and courageous. Even when you don’t feel like being strong or courageous.
Fifth, don’t let fear highjack your future.
Sixth, remember you are not alone on this journey.
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV2011