Focus & Distraction Feat. Garret Barbush| EP. 97
“The enemy is good at disguising distractions.” // Garret Barbush
On EP. 97 of the Men of Iron Podcast Garret joins the podcast to talk to us about focus and distraction. What is the biggest issue that men are facing today? Is it pornography, work, marriage issues, fitness? At Men of Iron we believe the number one issue men are facing today is FOCUS, or a lack thereof. Distractions and lack of focus often leads to an ineffective, an unhealthy life. Listen as Garret provides practical tips to help you find accountability, put guardrails in place to limit distractions, and rediscover your focus.
“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.” Ephesians 5:15-17
You are invited to celebrate God’s transforming work across 15 years of impact in the lives of men pursuing Him and their purpose. Join us on April 19, 2022 for the Iron Sharpens Iron Dinner in Lancaster, Pennsylvania featuring keynote speaker Tony Dungy! Go to menofiron.org/dungy to get your tickets today!
- On EP. 97 Garret Barbush joins the show to talk about focus & distraction
- What is the #1 issue that men face today?
- Marriage issue?
- Intimacy with God?
- At Men of Iron we believe the #1 issue that men face today is focus, or lack thereof.
- There is an opposing force at work that tries to steal our focus and keep us distracted
The desire for a balanced life vs. real life are often far apart
- Lack of balance happens when your priorities are out of wack – often due to distractions
- We get distracted because we don’t have any guardrails in place
- A guardrail is something set up in our lives that keeps us on the path that God designed for us
- Distraction and lack of balance leads to an ineffective, unhealthy life
- The distractions in our lives are often invisible to others
- The enemy is good at disguising distractions
- “Men, we were NOT created to be ineffective.” // Garret Barbush
- “Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.” Ephesians 5:15-17
- Do not be foolish men, understand what the Lord’s will is for your life.
- Garret’s Challenge to you: Pursue and seek out what God’s will is for YOUR life.
- “I realized God’s will and the priorities I was living out were not in alignment.” // Garret Barbush
- The biggest question after identifying the distractions and lack of focus is – “What am I going to do about it?”
- Do I have accountability in my life? If not get some accountability
- Set up some guardrails