THE MEN OF IRON PODCAST
The Men of Iron Podcast. Equipping you for growth in your faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. Look out for a NEW EPISODE every Monday morning, at 7AM (EST)!
EP. 147 - How to Stand Firm When Life is Hard
“How do we stand firm? We take EVERY thought captive and make it obedient to Christ!” // Garret Barbush
On EP. 147 Garret gives up 5 practical tips on how to stand firm when life is hard. More often than not we find ourselves in seasons of trials and tribulations. Life is difficult and life is hard. But, we come out on the other side of these trials, not in our own power, but because our faith is in something greater. How do we practically “stand firm” in the midst of our trials?
Adventure Awaits! If you are ready to take a step onto the mountain to know God and your purpose we want to talk to you! Click the link below, fill out the form and a representative from Men of Iron will follow up with you on your next steps. Men, it’s time to climb! >>> MENOFIRON.ORG/MOUNTAIN
- When it comes to interacting with men, I sense this theme of struggle among men today
- It’s not out of the ordinary, that is what life is all about – Life is difficult and hard
- We come out on the other side of challenges, not because of grinding it out, but because our faith is in something greater
- “In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. e alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.” // 1 Peter 5:5-9
- Our natural reaction when we are going through tough times, or encouraging those going through tough times, is to use the phrase “stand firm”
- What does it mean to “stand firm” in the midst of our trials
- We want you to think through, what is the hurdle in front of you today?
- You have to have that man, that mentor, in front of you to lean on
- In 1 Peter 5 Peter is encouraging young men to:
- Be submissive
- Be “sober minded”
- Be alert, be watchful
- Resist the enemy, stand firm in the faith
- How do we stand firm? Take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ!
- “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” // 2 Corinthians 10:5
- When the negativity creeps in, grab those thoughts and make it obedient to Christ
- 5 practical tips on how to stand firm
- #1 – Take your thoughts captive, ignore the lies
- #2 – Be strong by praying in the Spirit
- #3 – We lean on community, we tell others about it (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
- #4 – Think eternally (1 Peter 5:10)
- #5 – Finally we worship – the enemy messes with those he is concerned about
SPONSOR AN EPISODE
“Advertising on the Men of Iron Podcast has opened up the opportunity for me to connect with fellow followers of Christ so I can help them with their real estate needs. To financially help an organization that wants to grow more Godly men is priceless. This is why I advertise on and will continue to advertise on the Men of Iron Podcast.” Andrew L. Welk – Realtor with BHHS Homesale Realty.