EP. 94 - 5 Principles of Living Manfully Feat. Mike Yarbrough
“A man who carries the truth must also become a man of conviction.” // Chad Zueck
On EP. 94 of the Men of Iron Podcast Chad sits down Mike Yarbrough, the founder of Wolf & Iron, as Mike breaks down the 5 Principles of Living Manfully. Mike has a passion for entrepreneurship, stories, and helping men heed the High Call of manful living. Wolf & Iron was created to inspire men to heed this High Call and to give them the tools to do so.
“It’s ironic that manliness comes through adversity, and yet adversity is the thing we so often want to solve. A man who can’t find some admirable duty to perform in a time of peace and prosperity is merely a soldier. The man, who can, well, that man is a king.” // Mike Yarbrough
Looking for additional resources to help move this conversation forward? Check out “20 Lessons That Build A Man’s Faith.” An uncomplicated mentorship guide for developing men who want to grow in their faith. Buy this phenomenal resource today at menofiron.org/shop
Takeaways from the Podcast
- On EP. 94 of the Men of Iron Podcast Chad sits down with Mike Yarbrough
- Wolf & Iron was created to inspire men to heed the High Call on their lives and to give them the tools to do so.
What is the condition of Christian manhood today?
- You and your family also serve as a light to countless children who will never know what a family with a father looks like. To you it may seem ordinary, scarcely worth the thought. But to the the fatherless, it’s a striking and mighty call of goodness
- 5 Principles of Living Manfully:
- Living Deliberately
- Escaping into the wilderness to test himself, autonomy, and find himself. He found Transcendentalism, but he was deliberate.
- Living Courageously
- Create testing points for courage.
- Living Virtuously
- What virtues should a man work towards having?
- Living Truthfully
- The TRUTH tells us how the world really is.
- Living Spiritually
- “As Christians, we are becoming today who we will be forever.” C. N. Zueck
- Living Deliberately
What is the Foundry? The Foundry is an online community of men heeding the High Call on our lives. We have a number of groups within The Foundry that are focused on specific areas of life that men care about. ($7.99 a month)
Chad is the Founder of A New Kind of Man, helping men become the best version of themselves. He is a husband to Marla of 27 years, a dad to Austin and Gracie. Chad is a Navy Veteran, an avid outdoorsman, a pastor, and a resident of Dublin, Georgia. Chad is joining the team as the new host of the Men of Iron Podcast. As well as being charged to create engaging and relevant content for a weekly email series, blogs, and much more! Welcome to the team Chad!
SPONSOR AN EPISODE
“Advertising on the Men of Iron Podcast has opened up the opportunity for me to connect with fellow followers of Christ so I can help them with their real estate needs. To financially help an organization that wants to grow more Godly men is priceless. This is why I advertise on and will continue to advertise on the Men of Iron Podcast.” Andrew L. Welk – Realtor with BHHS Homesale Realty.
- Running 100 mph with God in Slow Motion (EP. 93)
- Hall of Fame (EP. 92)
- Be the Boss (EP. 91)
- Big Decisions (EP. 90)
- Encouragement That Works (EP. 89)
- Getting a God-Sized Vision Feat. Mitch Muller (EP. 88)
- The Houdini Effect (EP. 87)
- 5 Things You Need to Know If You Want Your Mentor to Last (EP. 86)
- Building Strong Men For Dangerous Times Feat. Jim Ramos (EP. 85)
- Deescalation (EP. 84)
- Fatherhood Is No Joke Feat. Troy Mangum (EP. 83)
- High Performance Living Feat. Dr. Erik Korem (EP. 82)
- Move Naturally Feat. Vic Verdier (EP. 81)
- Classic Attributes of Manly Men Feat. Vic Verdier (EP. 80)
- 5 Ways to Change Your Family Culture (EP. 79)
- Hearing From God is Easier Than You Think (EP. 78)
- Financial Clarity Feat. Doug Kauffman (EP. 77)
- 5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion, Part 6 (EP. 76)
- 5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion, Part 5 (EP. 75)
- 5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion, Part 4 (EP. 74)
- 5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion, Part 3 (EP. 73)
- 5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion, Part 2 (EP. 72)
- 5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion (EP. 71)
- That Voice in Your Head Feat. Patrick Morley (EP. 70)
- Chase the Super Human Life Feat. Frank Rich (EP. 69)
- Dad, You’ve Got This! Feat. Dr. Mark Pitts & Becky Thompson (EP. 68)
- The Standard of Masculinity Feat. Josh Khachadourian (EP. 67)
- 3 Types of Masculine Friends Feat. Garret Barbush (EP. 66)
- Spiritual Growth Feat. Garret Barbush (EP. 65)
- Intellectual Growth Feat. Garret Barbush (EP. 64)
- Setting Fitness Goals Feat. Garret Barbush (EP. 63)
- Fight the Dad Bod Feat. Cam Hall (EP. 62)
- Legacy Building Feat. Blake Brewer (EP. 61)
- Becoming A King Feat. Morgan Snyder (EP. 60)
- Get Your Life Back Feat. John Eldredge (EP. 59)