Loving Your Wife Well | EP. 167
“There is no prayer more powerful than a husband’s prayer for his wife.” – Travis Albanesius
On EP. 167 Travis wraps up the month of April talking about the importance of loving your wife well. After your faith, your relationship with your wife should be your second priority. “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” – Ephesians 5:25. Men, we can’t afford to make the mistake of neglecting the most important relationship we have outside of God. If you love your wife, life is going to be so much better! Love is a willingness to give up your comfort to serve your wife, that’s what Jesus did.
Adventure Awaits! If you are ready to take a step onto the mountain to know God and your purpose we want to talk to you! Click the link below, fill out the form and a representative from Men of Iron will follow up with you on your next steps. Men, it’s time to climb! >>> MENOFIRON.ORG/THECLIMB
- Last week we talked about the importance of building a firm foundation
- This week we are talking specifically to the married men
- After your faith, your relationship with your wife should be your second priority
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” – Ephesians 5:25
- It’s easy to take your focus off of your wife or family and focus on your career, hobbies, or success
- I was putting everything into my career, and not my marriage
- It’s easy to drift and get out of balance
- Don’t neglect the fundamental things
- “I realized I was putting my career over my families well being.” – Travis
- Our wives are such a gift to us as men
- We can’t afford to make the mistake of neglecting the most important relationship we have outside of God
- If you love your wife, life is going to be so much better!
- The saying, “Happy wife, happy life” is so true
- As followers of Jesus we are called to love our wives as Christ loved the Church
- Jesus gave His life for the Church
- It’s not easy to put our wive’s needs above our own
- We can’t do it on our own strength, we need God’s help
- If we keep our foundation strong, God will give us the power and strength to love our wive’s well
- He wants our marriages to win
- One thing I do in my prayer time is consistently pray for my wife
- I want to encourage you today to do the same thing
- “There is no prayer more powerful than a husband’s prayer for his wife.” – Travis Albanesius
- Men, you need to know your wife’s love language!
- Love is a willingness to give up my comfort to serve my wife, that’s what Jesus did
- Action step this week: Ask God for strength to love your wife well!
- Ask for wisdom to find creative ways to love her
- When God asks us to do something, we should do it
- What would your marriage look like if you put the same time and energy into it that you put into your career or hobbies?
- When we prioritize our faith and our marriage, great things happen
- Check out a great resource we have, 20 Lessons to Build a Man’s Family, an uncomplicated guide for helping you lead your family well~
- Let’s be better men, let’s be better followers of Jesus!
- It all starts with the fundamentals. If we get the little things right, we can win
- Remember to like and subscribe to the podcast…and share with a friend who needs to hear it!