You Have What It Takes!| EP. 116
“Most men feel ill-equipped to climb the mountain of manhood.“
// Chad Zueck
On EP. 116 Chad is back as he continues the conversation in 1 Samuel 13. The Israelites were outnumbered and outgunned. The Philistine army was well equipped and had a strong advantage over the Israelite army. Much like the Israelites, most men feel ill-equipped to climb the mountain of manhood. The truth is, we often feel under equipped because we believe certain things about ourselves. Do not settle, let’s climb the mountain together and push back the darkness of inadequacy!
Adventure Awaits! If you are ready to take a step onto the mountain to know God and your purpose we want to talk to you! Click the link below, fill out the form and a representative from Men of Iron will follow up with you on your next steps. Men, it’s time to climb! >>> MENOFIRON.ORG/MOUNTAIN
- Chad is back to continue the conversation in 1 Samuel 13
- 2 weeks ago we read in 1 Samuel 13 that Saul became impatient with God
- “Saul and his son Jonathan and the men with them were staying in Gibeah in Benjamin, while the Philistines camped at Mikmash. Raiding parties went out from the Philistine camp in three detachments. One turned toward Ophrah in the vicinity of Shual, another toward Beth Horon, and the third toward the borderland overlooking the Valley of Zeboyim facing the wilderness. Not a blacksmith could be found in the whole land of Israel, because the Philistines had said, “Otherwise the Hebrews will make swords or spears!” 1 Samuel 13:16-19
- The Israelites were outnumbered and outgunned. The Philistines were well equipped and had an advantage over the Israelites
- Most men feel under equipped to climb the mountain of manhood
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” // Theodore Roosevelt
- The Israelite army knew that the Philistines were coming at them, but no one had a sword or spear. What were these men going to do?
- We feel under equipped because we believe certain things about ourselves
- If you dwell on what you can’t do, you will live into those lesser realities. But this is not what God has for us!
- Do not settle for inadequacy
- “So all Israel went down to the Philistines to have their plow points, mattocks, axes and sickles sharpened. The price was two-thirds of a shekel for sharpening plow points and mattocks, and a third of a shekel for sharpening forks and axes and for repointing goads.” 1 Samuel 13:20-22
- The Israelites embraced creativity – the lesson here is that we have to look for what we DO have, not what we don’t have
- Men, let’s climb the mountain together and push back the darkness of inadequacy