Paul’s Final Charge to Timothy | EP. 121
“A protege has to respond to these things for transformation to take place in his life.” // Garret Barbush
On EP. 121 Garret continues the conversation on the lessons learned from the mentorship of Paul and Timothy. This week we dive into 1 Timothy 6:11, Paul’s final charge to Timothy. Paul gives Timothy 5 clear instructions from mentor to protege – flee from evil, pursue godliness, fight the good fight of faith, think eternally and command humility. Men, we have to respond to these things for transformation to take place in our lives. Let’s not overcomplicate mentorship, let’s not overcomplicate our lives as Christian men. Let’s flee from evil and pursue godliness!
Adventure Awaits! If you are ready to take a step onto the mountain to know God and your purpose we want to talk to you! Click the link below, fill out the form and a representative from Men of Iron will follow up with you on your next steps. Men, it’s time to climb! >>> MENOFIRON.ORG/MOUNTAIN
- On EP. 121 we continue our conversation on the mentorship of Paul & Timothy
- Pauls’ final charge to Timothy
- “But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” // 1 Timothy 6:11-12
- Paul, the mentor, is saying to his protege:
- #1 – Flee from ungodliness, flee from evil
- #2 – Pursue what is righteous (pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love…)
- #3 – Fight the good fight of faith
- #4 – Think eternally
- #5 – Command humility, good works and generosity
- A protege has to respond to these things for transformation to take place in his life
- I have never read an account in scripture where God calls a man to do something and it’s easy
- We often overcomplicate our lives as Christian men, as husbands and as fathers
- But, Paul breaks it down simply for Timothy with 5 practical “to-do’s” for every man
- Think about how you are spending your time right now? What are your priorities? Does it line up with what God wants for you?
- Men, let’s flee from evil and pursue godliness!