Becoming A King Feat. Morgan Snyder | EP. 60
So if a guy on the street asked you, “What does it take to be a King?” How would you answer?
On EP. 60, Morgan digs into this topic with depth and true consideration for the masculine soul. If you loved Wild at Heart, you will love “Becoming a King.” Morgan Snyder is a grateful husband of over 20 years and a proud father of a wildly creative and witty daughter and a joyful and passionate son. He serves as a strategist, entrepreneur, teacher, writer, and speaker. His passion is to both be shaped by and shape the men and women who are shaping the kingdom of God. In 2010, he established BecomeGoodSoil, a fellowship of leaders whose global reach offers guidance for the narrow road of becoming the kind of person to whom God can confidently entrust the care of his kingdom. Morgan serves on the executive leadership team at Wild at Heart and has contended for the wholeheartedness of men and women alongside John and Stasi Eldredge for more than two decades. He has led over a decade of Become Good Soil Intensives and sold out Wild at Heart men’s events across the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, and Australia.
“The primary work of God is finding men he can entrust with his power.“
Takeaways From the Podcast:
- “I felt like a man without a soul.” Morgan Snyder
- The power of mentor-ship
- Why we should choose excavating before building out our masculinity
- Willard, “The primary work of God is finding men he can entrust with his power.”
- Many of the issues we see in the world have to do with a misuse of power.
- “The most important thing to remember is that every person is an image-bearer of God.” Morgan Snyder
- “For us to be a king, we must first become a son. God’s job is to initiate and ours is to respond.” Morgan Snyder
- Jesus lived in strength through dependency.
- “God is after the entire restoration of the human person.” Morgan Snyder
- “We are hardwired for the easy button in our culture but the soul longs for more.” Morgan Snyder