Setting Fitness Goals Feat. Garret Barbush | EP. 63
On EP. 63 of the Men of Iron Podcast, Garret joins Chad to talk about physical fitness and the importance of taking care of your body. The guys provide practical advice to creating realistic and attainable fitness goals.
God wants us to perform well in the areas of life. He wants us to glorify HIM with our bodies. And let’s be honest men, we don’t want to be the dad that can’t run around with his kids because he’s out of shape.
“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, (ESV)
Goal setting IS and should be invigorating for men. Setting goals helps trigger new behaviors, helps guides your focus, and helps you sustain that momentum in life. Goal setting gives a challenge and challenges sharpen our intentionality. While your fitness goals should challenge you, they should also be realistic and attainable. Set yourself up for success!
“Look beyond yourself and start thinking about the people in your life that you love and who you want to be for them.”
Takeaways From the Podcast:
- God wants us to perform well in the areas of life.
- We are to glorify God with our bodies.
- Setting goals helps trigger new behaviors, helps guides your focus and helps you sustain that momentum in life.
- Make your goals realistic and attainable, set yourself up for success.
- Create goals (attainable goals) that will stretch you and challenge you
- You’re competing with yesterday’s version of you.
- Goal setting gives a challenge and challenges sharpen our intentionality
- VIM (Vision, Intentional, Means) from Dallas Williard
- To Willard, spiritual formation is character formation