5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion, Part 4: Ride the Waves | EP. 74
“Prosperity makes monsters and adversity makes men.“
// Chad Zueck
On EP. 74 of the Men of Iron Podcast, Chad and Garret continue the discussion on the “5 Ways to Fight Discouragement & Confusion.” On Part 4, “Ride the Waves,” we talk about what it takes to fight through adversity. As men we are either in the midst of a storm, coming out of a storm, or about to go into a storm. It takes grit and determination to ride the waves.
“Prosperity makes monsters and adversity makes men.” // Chad Zueck
EP. 74 is brought to you by Kauffman CPA. Need a personal financial coach? Doug Kauffman can help with that! Whether it’s a business or personal finance, Kaufmman’s have trained CPA’s ready to help you. Ready to help you have financial clarity and peace of mind. They develop a step-by-step plan to make your financial goals a reality. Doug and his team can be found at www.kauffmancpa.com.
- EP. 74, “Ride the Waves” is all about fighting through adversity
- Prosperity makes monsters and adversity makes men. C. N. Zueck
- Adversity makes a man because he’s been tested, he has become resilient, he’s learned hard work, he’s been sharpened, and he’s leaning forward
- “Over time, grit is what separates fruitful lives from aimlessness.” John Ortberg
- Grit- means bravery, pluck, mettle, backbone, spirit, strength of character, strength of will, moral fiber, steel, nerve, fortitude, toughness, resolve, perseverance, endurance.
- Character is formed by STORIES, PAIN and STRUGGLE, GREATER PURPOSE, PRACTICE
- We will do a deep dive into the word “encouragement.” It basically means “to put heart in”
- We know this by the opposite. If someone “loses heart” they are not encouraged so they give up.