Hall of Fame | EP. 92
“To be remembered often do things that are not easily forgotten.” // Chad Zueck
On EP. 92 of the Men of Iron Podcast we are talking about the Hall of Fame. Who is in your personal Hall of Fame? Who would you like to personally thank for making a difference on your life? What you do today matters. Men, we have a great responsibility in front of us as husbands, dads and leaders, pursue it with excellence. This should inspire you to make more of your days, conversations, and relationships. This should inspire you to be in somebody else’s Hall of Fame.
“We have an opportunity every day to become the type of man that is worthy of respect and admiration.” // Chad Zueck
At Men of Iron, we believe mentorship is most effective through a 1-to-1 or micro group setting. That’s why we created Strong27™ – a mentorship experience that provides the tools and training needed for mentors and proteges to grow in their faith, family, friends, fitness and finances. Check out menofiron.org/programs/individual/strong27/ for more info!
Who is in your personal Hall of Fame?”
Who would you like to personally thank for making a difference on your life?
- The number one thing that a Dad wants to hear from their kids is, ” “You did the best you could with what you had to work with and I appreciate you.”
- (From the book, “Wise Guys” Link to get this book from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Guys-Unlocking-Hidden-Wisdom/dp/1949856216/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Wise+Guys&qid=1636659749&sr=8-5)
- Terry “Fuzz” Johnson. He is in my personal hall of fame. He is an unassuming, middle class working man who invested in young men like myself. He and men like him play a significant role in their community because they aren’t chasing accolades. They have found the joy of service.
- Men are remembered for their words and deeds, but mostly just deeds.
- People are always watching
- “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. ” Hebrews 12:1-2, NIV84
- Our lives are connected to their lives. Their faithfulness is to be admired and modeled, and your faithfulness should be admired and modeled.
- What does memento mori mean? Memento mori is a Latin phrase that translates to “remember you must die” or “remember you will die.”
- What you do today matters. Life is short.
- We have an opportunity every day to become the type of man that is worthy of respect and admiration.