The Power of Planning & Intentionality Feat. Garret Barbush| EP. 99
“Don’t make your own plans, seek God’s will for your life.”
// Garret Barbush
Men, welcome to 2022! It’s a new year with new aspirations and new goals. On EP. 99 of the Men of Iron Podcast Garret brings us another quick hitter about the power of planning and intentionality. Being intentional with a plan and being intentional with a purpose for your life requires work. Garret breaks down 4 steps that will help you develop a plan for 2022.
“We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer. People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives. Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.” // Proverbs 16:1-3
You are invited to celebrate God’s transforming work across 15 years of impact in the lives of men pursuing Him and their purpose. Join us on April 19, 2022 for the Iron Sharpens Iron Dinner in Lancaster, Pennsylvania featuring keynote speaker Tony Dungy! Go to menofiron.org/dungy to get your tickets today!
- “Be intentional with a plan and be intentional with the purpose of your life.” // Garret Barbush
- “We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer. People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives. Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.” // Proverbs 16:1-3
- Being intentional with a plan requires a few steps:
- Seek God’s Will – Do something that is going to get you out in God’s creation and seek God’s will. Get into God’s Word, shut off the noise, and get a fresh perspective
- Go and seek Godly counsel from wise men – Get yourself around men who are full of Holy Spirit-driven wisdom
- Write out your plan (write out your goals) – What are the things I’m going to do well in the New Year?
- Commit your plan to the Lord – lay your hands on the plan and pray over it
- Are you being intentional with your life right now?
- “Don’t make your own plans, seek God’s will for your life.” // Garret Barbush
- Being intentional is biblical, God will honor your intentionality
- Men, here’s your challenge: Seek God’s will, seek godly counsel, write out your plan, and commit that plan to the Lord